"Mothers and Sons" by
** One Weekend Only **
November 5thth & 6th at 8pm
November 7th at 2pm
South Street Players requests Reservations for this show.
Walk-ins will be permitted however we strongly encourage
reservations for ease of processing during this time of Covid.
Tickets at the SSP box office: (732) 447 5169
Ticket prices are:
$22 - adults, $20 - senior citizens and children under 12
A Special Event coming in November 2021! South Street Players will feature for One Weekend Only at Wesley Hall in Spring Lake, the Terrence McNally play, "Mothers and Sons"
This is to be a very special and unique performance in recognition of Terrence McNally, who passed away of Covid-19 in March of 2020. This production celebrates his long and prolific career as a Broadway playwright!
At turns funny and powerful, "Mothers and Sons" portrays a woman who pays an unexpected visit to the New York apartment of her late son's partner, who is now married to another man and has a young son.
Challenged to face how society has changed around her, generations collide as she revisits the past and begins to see the life her son might have led.
This is a play in one-act. The characters are::
Katherine Gerard - Annette Curran
Cal Porter - Bill King
Will Ogden - Brendan Keffner
Bud Ogden-Porter - Harrison Ceballos
Given this is the time of Covid there are rules and procedures we must follow. We know you'll understand as it's our goal for safety of all attendees.
The safety and continued good health of our patrons is paramount to The South Street Players.
There will be procedures in place set according to mandates by the State of New Jersey and the management of St. Andrew's Church.
UPDATE: The following are the NEW rules to follow for attendees of South Street Players' shows
1. South Street Players recently modified show rules making face masks OPTIONAL for people who have been vaccinated. Should an attendee prefer to wear a mask, you are free and encouraged to do so.
2. Masks are REQUIRED for people not vaccinated or not yet fully vaccinated within two weeks of 2nd vaccine, assuming Pfizer or Moderna.
3. Seating will be configured to maintain 6 ft. distancing between groups of people. The Hall is quite large and has a ventilation system with overhead fans.
4. Patrons are requested NOT to attend if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, a variant, the flu, or other illness.
5. Some attendees will have been vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and others may not. Regardless of vaccinations, each attendee assumes his or her own responsibility for any risk of contracting the COVID-19 virus.
6. Hand sanitizers will be located throughout the Hall.
7. No snacks will be sold or available at this performance. Bottled water will be on hand and distributed to anyone attending the show, free of charge.
The Board of South Street Players is anxiously looking forward to a great performance of "Mothers and Sons".
We certainly hope you are too! Contact the SSP box office at 732-447-5169 for tickets to this very special event!
The Board of South Street Players